Weight class name Upper limit in pounds (lb) in kilograms (kg)
Full Standardised MMA Rules without Strikes to the Head
Weight class name Upper limit in kilograms (kg)
· Flyweight (56kg)
· Bantamweight (61kg)
· Feather weight (66kg)
· Lightweight (71kg)
· Welterweight (77kg)
· Middleweight (84kg)
· Light Heavyweight (93kg)
· Heavyweight (120kg)
All bouts shall be THREE rounds.
All Championship/Title bouts shall be FIVE minute rounds.
All Non-Championship bouts shall be THREE minute rounds
A ONE-minute rest period will occur between each round.
1) Butting with the head.
2) Eye gouging of any kind.
4) Hair pulling.
5) Fish hooking.
6) Groin attacks of any kind.
7) Putting a finger into any orifice or into any cut or laceration on an opponent.
8) Small joint manipulation.
9) Striking to the spine or the back of the head.
10) Striking downward using the point of the elbow.
11) Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea.
12) Clawing, pinching or twisting the flesh.
13) Grabbing the clavicle.
14) Kicking the head of a grounded opponent.
15) Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent.
16) Stomping a grounded opponent.
17) Kicking to the kidney with the heel.
18) Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
19) Throwing an opponent out of the ring or fenced area.
20) Holding the shorts or gloves of an opponent.
21) Spitting at an opponent.
22) Engaging in an unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to an opponent.
23) Holding the ropes or the fence.
24) Using abusive language in the ring or fenced area.
25) Attacking an opponent on or during the break.
26) Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee.
27) Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat.
28) Flagrantly disregarding the instructions of the referee.
29) Timidity, including, without limitation, avoiding contact with an opponent, intentionally or consistently dropping the mouthpiece or faking an injury.
30) Interference by the corner
31) Throwing in the towel during competition.
Ways to Win
1) Submission by: Physical tap out. Verbal tap out.
2) Technical knockout by the referee stopping the contest.
3) Decision via the scorecards, including:
Unanimous decision (All judges pick the same fighter as the winner)
Split decision (One judge picks one fighter, the other two judges pick the other fighter)
Majority decision (two of three judges pick the same fighter as the winner)
4) Draw, including: Unanimous draw. Majority draw. Split draw.
5) Technical decision.
6) Technical draw.
9) No contest.